Palatine, Illinois Divorce and Family Law Lawyer
Nicholas W. Richardson, Attorney at Law
Family Law Attorney Nicholas W. Richardson understands the importance of listening to each client’s specific needs and leverages his 12-plus years of experience for each client. He creates a tailored plan to address individual concerns and legal issues with a matter-of-fact approach.
Starting in 2015, his reputation within the legal community earned him the honor of being named to Rising Stars, an honor given to only 2.5 percent of Illinois lawyers. Attorney Richardson was vetted by a highly credentialed panel of his peer. Separately, he earned a 10.0 rating on Avvo.com.
Attorney Richardson actively serves the Northwest Suburban Bar Association through nominated and appointed positions. He was admitted to the Bar of the U.S. Supreme Court in June 2013. Additionally, he is part of the Attorney Network for Hyatt Legal Plans, a MetLife Company.
In 2009, he opened his namesake family law office and serves as the primary point of contact for his clients, and in 2015, he hired a paralegal to help maximize his time helping clients. Attorney Richardson handles each case in the same thoughtful manner that has resonated with his clients since he started practicing law in 2003.
Through his Scholarships for College-Bound Chicagoland, Attorney Richardson gives back to the area families who have supported his business. He also supports Palatine Township’s various outreach efforts.
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2013
- State of Illinois, 2004
- University of Missouri, School of Law, Columbia, Mo., Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Missouri, Bachelor of Journalism, Columbia, Mo., 2000
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- Trained in Mediation and Collaborative Law
- Condo Association President, Treasurer, Board Member
- Phi Kappa Theta, Alum
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois Fellow
Honors & Awards
- National Association of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Ranking, 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015 - 2018
- Law Office of Nicholas W. Richardson, P.C., Owner, 2009 - Present
- Lagattuta & DeGrazia, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2007 - 2009
- Linda K. Schneider & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2004 - 2006